difw is the creation of Director and Consultant Radiologist, Dr Paula Sivyer (MBBS. FRANZCR.)
Dr Sivyer established difw in Astor Tce in Spring Hill in 1998 to provide a state-of-the-art medical imaging service, as an alternative to large-scale corporate franchise radiology. Initially sub-specialised as a women’s imaging unit, over time Dr Sivyer expanded the general imaging capabilities for both male and female patients at difw, with low-dose CT, digital x-ray and bone mineral densitometry added to our service offering.
At difw we pride ourselves on investing in the latest imaging technology and exploring the most up-to-date imaging protocols from around the world. We provide clinically-tailored imaging for every patient so you get exactly the scan you need on the day of your appointment. We prioritise malignancy management with coordinated care around adverse findings, so that the critical diagnostic information is communicated effectively at all levels of healthcare providers. Our radiology reports are individually-dictated by consultant radiologists, rather than imaging technicians, and include recommendations for future management.
Imaging services available at difw include:
- Bulk-Billed General CT*
- CT Coronary Angiography**
- CT Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring (CACS)
- Low-dose Lung CT* (Lung Cancer Screening)
- Digital Mammography and 3D Mammography
- Breast Ultrasound
- Fine Needle Aspiration/Biopsy /Core Biopsy/Mammotomy
- Pre-operative Wire Localization
- Gynaecologic Ultrasound
- Fertility Investigation – Tubal Patency Assessment & Sonohysterography
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- Nuchal Translucency Assessment (Down Syndrome Screening)
- Amniocentesis and Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS)
- Bone Mineral Densitometry (DEXA)
- Digital X-Ray
- Visceral Adipose Tissue CT* (Obesity Management)
- General Ultrasound (Abdominal, Thyroid, Renal and MSK US)
* Medicare rebates available per MBS criteria. ** Level A CTCA – Medicare rebates available on compliant specialist referral.